Saturday, February 11, 2006

Energy Level

Some days you overlook the simple answer... been fighting this fatigue for a very long time now. I was at the chiropractor's the other day and she thought the medication might be blocking the absorption of iron. So I was off to Shoppers and was speaking with the pharmacist there. She recommended an iron supplement (ferrous sulphate) that has 60 mg of elemental iron. Recommended one a day and then increasing that to 3 a day. I had already been taking a lower dose of iron so I figured I'd just increase the dose. All I can say is wow... did that ever make a difference in energy level. I was working on Adam's computer... or well Steve was working on Adam's computer and the next thing I know is that it's 1:30 a.m. and I'm not even tired. I was working on reimporting all my CDs... even started reading "A Bright Red Scream" again. Went to bed at noon today. No medication needed... got some ZZZs... am currently working on chronotherapy to see if I can get my circadian rhythms back to where they should be. Been up for 9 hours and while I haven't been doing all that much I still notice a big difference in energy levels. If it wasn't 4:40 a.m. I'd actually go for a walk or something. Plus it's cold out there. So I am just going to finish work on my computer... grab a shower... watch some TV... and will be passing out at around 3 p.m. today. But until Tuesday I hadn't even thought that this might be caused by my anemia. I guess time will tell on that one. For now... at least I feel better and have more energy.

No comments: