Thursday, February 09, 2006

Overmedicated

I went to the chiropractor's again yesterday. She seemed a little concerned about the fact I was sleeping for 12 hours a day. I can't imagine why that would be a concern. She also felt that the medication was affecting muscle tone. She said that my left side has never been so bad. Charlene was wondering if the medication was blocking the intake of iron and making the anemia worse. She's hoping that when I go back to the doctor's on Monday he will do some blood work or make some recommendations at least. Until then I am taking more iron to see if it helps with the level of fatigue.

I'm really starting to rethink the whole use of medication. I can't sleep unless I take the medication and it's still not restful sleep. Benzodiazapines are controlled substances and you are not supposed to take them every night. Nothing like having the doctor give me a new addiction... helping or hindering me... I'll let you decide your opinion on that one.

No comments: