Monday, February 13, 2006

Health

Performance issues at work and handing over a knife are the two events that started this leave of absence. For the first three weeks there was a great deal of anger and frustration over what happened and how it has been dealt with. After a month I was still in the same spot I was in when I left. I was exhausted and had no energy at all. The second month has been focused on my health and getting that back. I haven't been healthy in a very long time but have been spending more time working on that and am starting to notice the results.

The first positive step was actually finding a family doctor. Even if it means travelling out of town for medical care it was still what I needed. Nothing wrong with a road trip any ways. And now he is referring me to a rheumatologist for treatment. So that wil be taken care of. Been 4 years since anyone was treating the fibromyalgia and there is hope on the horizon.

The second positive step came when I saw the chiropractor last week. I was in rough shape. I was sleeping 12 hours a day and did not feel rested. I had to take the Benzodiazapines just to sleep and the energy level just wasn't there. She reminded me that I really needed iron so I talked to a pharmacist and increased my iron intake. The results were pretty quick. It didn't take long before I saw the effects. I had more energy and my mind didn't feel clouded. I was starting to see the old me return.

The last positve step has been the chronotherapy. Since I was a teenager I have had phase delayed sleep disorder. For the first time ever I am trying to do something to combat that. I'm not sure what the final results will be but it is another step in getting myself healthy and able to work at 100%.

Now I just need to be cleared to go back to work. Hopefully that will happen next week. It's been a long couple of months but things are definitely starting to work in my favour. Once my health is at 100% then I just need to work on ym self-confidence and not doubting myself. But one step at a time.

No comments: