Friday, January 27, 2006

Added Stress

All I want to do is try and relax and make the best of my time off. It's hard because I want to be at work but I am also trying to see it as a mini-vacation and just relax. Every time Steve comes home he adds in his 2 cents and just adds stress to my world, something I really don't need.

The first issue is finances. Right now I don't know where I stand. I am assuming that I will need to apply for short term disability and it will take 6-8 weeks to receive the money. Steve keeps pressuring me to pick up the forms. I am trying to stay away from work so that I don't have to answer any questions and make it worse for other people. I also want to know when I'll be returning to work before I take any action. I don't want to add stress over the finances. Right now I do have money and while I realize that I need to look into it I want to hold off until I know what my status is at work. Plus Steve keeps reminding me how broke he is which adds stress to me since there are still a lot of unknowns.

The other issue is the doctor not contacting work to clear me. He wants me to press the situation by contacting the disability worker for Minacs and the doctor. Since he has not cleared me to go back I don't want to make things worse for myself. I know that Margaret has been in contact with the office and has been trying to get word from the doctor so for the most part it is just a waiting game. But Steve wants to try and get the doctor's information from work, which is the worst thing he can do. I don't need more heat at work and give them more ammunition to fire me. Steve is becoming too vocal and it's going to come back on me. It's bad enough that he wants to drop off all the information on Fibromyalgia and self-injury to his home office and he wants to make a scene in the process. He doesn't seem to grasp the concept of "Think before you act." Is it going to benefit me to start fighting with the doctor and with work to allow me to return? In my mind it would just make me look worse. It's not my job to step in and fight with both sides. It's just going to lead to more frustration. When they clear me to return to work I'll be back.

Just let me enjoy my time off and make the most of it. I don't need any added stress. It's supposed to be about relaxing and getting better so that I can do my job when I return. The more stress I am under in the meantime the more difficult that is going to be. Not to say I am fragile and can't deal with anything... but I don't need any unecessary stress. For now, time to watch some TV and just rest... mindless entertainment.

No comments: