Friday, January 27, 2006

Frustration and a Lack of Answers

Frustration is beginning to set in. I'm still off work and am not sure just how long that is going to last. But I also learned I am in the wrong town if I want the Fibromyalgia to be treated properly. I was speaking with a doctor today who told me that no rheumatologist in town will treat it. If I want something done I'd have to go to Toronto for it... and even then I need a doctor's referral... something I don't have since I don't have a family doctor. For the first time in a long time I am wishing I was back in London where they have good treatment programs for it. So, if and when I do return to work I'll still be facing the same battle... fighting an invisible disease that people do not take seriously. The doctor I was speaking with did send me to a neurologist for a sleep study to look at the insomnia and see what can be done about that. So that was some good news. But overall just more frustration.

No comments: