Monday, January 30, 2006

Call from HR

I got a phone call today from work in response to an email I had sent. I need a medical certificate in order to claim EI during my time off. It was an interesting call for a number of reasons. It's amazing what you pick up on in the words someone chooses to use.

I got to find out the good Dr. Caskey is on vacation until February 13th. He becomes more and more useful each time I hear his name. Work basically gave me three options. I can wait for him to come back but that's going to be a while. I can try to get someone else to fill out the medical certificate. That is a challenge as well since I don't have a family doctor and have been seen by the ER and the walk-in clinic. The last alternative is getting someone to clear me to go back to work. And so far the doctors have been reluctant to do so.

They also told me that they had made the decision to keep me off work until the follow-up visit. Looks like the blame doesn't just fall on Dr. Caskey any more... work took his recommendations and decided to keep me off work. So the blame for that falls on the occupational health and safety nurse, HR, Dr. Caskey and more then likely my team leader.

I also got to find out that the only people that should know the reason for the LOA are the members of HR, my team leader, my team manager and the site director. I can gurantee that more people know.... since Stan inadvertantly made a comment to Steve before he even said anything. He has also indicated that all of management knows, including the team leaders.

I know that more people know about it. Reportedly some of the agents on my team had asked Chris about my blog and according to HR that might be where the information came from. There are a total of 5 people from work that know about the blog. One of them I actually forgot had the address or I might have monitored what I said. Val woudn't say anything. Chris can't say anything. Steve has never even been to the site and he knows my opinion any ways since he is my roommate. Dawn knew about it from the start. That leaves Baker... who, while he might ask Chris, wouldn't start rumours.

Rumours aside that wouldn't explain why a TL is asking Steve about me in the smoking area. None of my agents would have a reason to go to her about it and sure there will always be rumours. That doesn't mean I like having people talk about me. Since they seem to think some of the information comes from my blog I have deleted all of the posts related to it and reposted them here. No one from work has this address or will have it.

No comments: