Friday, January 27, 2006

Passing the Buck

So I had the doctor's appointment today. Talk about enlightening. He spent the entire time telling me I needed to go see a psychiatrist. I have no problem with therapy but I do have a problem with him telling me the fibro is "a symptom of an underlying psychiatric condition." I feel like the medical field has regressed and the reality of the condition is being ignored.

It gets better. Not only did he think I needed some serious anti-depressants and basically told me I have nothing in my life. If I wasn't depressed before I was after that statement. He also told me that I would be closely monitored at work. Like I need more paranoia. And he said that my performance at work wouldn't likely improve before I saw a shrink. No shit. I'm a walking zombie... not sleeping... no energy... and am losing the ability to process information. With no treatment of any kind of course that's not going to get better.

I'm not sure whether I should try and get some more sleep... or just pour myself a drink now. If I wasn't feeling low before the appointment I am now.

No comments: